Our Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to make any booking subject to deposit/returnable bond being received against inventory and cleaning, refundable after the holiday, less any damaged or missing items and less any other than normal cleaning being necessary by us. A returnable bond of £100 (with the final balance payment) is taken for all Christmas and New Year bookings and is refunded within two weeks after the end of the holiday period.
Cancellation and Insurance
Once you have booked your holiday, our agreement is a legal contract and your deposit is non-refundable. If we receive cancellation notice within a month of your stay, and the apartment cannot be re-let, you are still liable to pay the booking in full. Similarly if the cancellation notice is received between one and two months before your visit and the apartment cannot be re-let, you are liable to pay 50% of the booking. These amounts are payable even if we have not yet received your balance. Note that the deposit is non refundable under any circumstances. For this reason we strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance, which is inexpensive and can be obtained from any good broker.
Non-availability of Accommodation
We would only cancel your holiday if the accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however if this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Arrival and Departure
Standard check in time is 3pm. Checkout time is 10am. These can often be varied on request if there are no other guests staying, but this must be approved by us beforehand.
Damages and Breakages
Please take care with our property. You agree not to make any alterations or additions to the premises, the decorations, and furniture, nor deface the premises, and will keep and leave the premises and the furniture clean and tidy and in the same state of repair and condition as they are in when you start your holiday. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may send you an invoice for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant, and we may make an additional charge of £50 if you did not report this.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information given either orally, written, or on the website, all representations are made in good faith, and no such representations will create any liability on our part.
Access / Keys
We will post the keys out to you a few weeks before your visit, and you agree to supply an address for us to do so. You agree to return the keys to us in the prepaid envelope we will supply. If we are called upon to provide entry to the Premises, as a result of you having left the keys inside the Premises or elsewhere or having lost the keys of the Premises, you will be required to pay all charges and costs incurred and there will be a minimum charge of 40.00 per call out, together with the cost of any replacement keys and/or locks which you hereby agree to pay. You also agree to permit us or our representatives to have access to the premises at all reasonable times.
- You agree to use the apartment for the purpose of a private holiday residence only, for no more than the maximum number of persons stated. We reserve the right to withhold and/or withdraw the keys of the apartment if such number is exceeded.
- Pets are not allowed in the property.
- No smoking is allowed in the property.
- You will not do anything on the Premises which may be or tend to be a nuisance annoyance or cause damage to the owners or occupiers of any neighbouring or adjoining property.
- Fishing in the river is strictly prohibited. We accept no responsibility for any prosecution brought by the local fishing club if this rule is not followed.
- The Premises are to be occupied by you for a holiday home as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule I Paragraph 9 and you acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this Agreement is not an Assured Tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise on the determination of the Term.
- You will not assign, sub let, or part with or share possession of the premises or any part of them under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Where the apartment is rented via a booking agent, their terms and conditions take precedence over these.